Crews continue to work to restore power from the high winds that took down trees and power lines across much of our service area. Currently, we have 2097 members without power. These outages are in Pickens with 1417, Gilmer 418 and small scattered outages inBartow, Cherokee, Gordon, Lumpkin and Murray.
Crews are currently working in the following area.
- Moonshine Lane
- West Teague
- Henry Evans
- Old Bucktown
- Garrett Branch
- HWY 52 E
- Orchard Ln
- Rocky Hollow
- Price Creek East
- Upper Sweetwater
- Bent Tree Tamarack Drive and Alpine
- Grandview Road (this area is heavily damaged)
- Thompson Lane
- Ryo MTN
- Carnes Mill
- Old Tate Mill and Hickory Cove (Hickory Cove is heavily damaged)
- West Price Creek
Real-time outage information is available by using our mobile app, MyAEMC in the app store, or by visiting www.amicalolaemc.com. The outage map is accessible from our home page.
Thank you for your patience and we expect crews to make good progress today. Remember the following important information:
- Never go near a downed power line – always assume they are still energized. Report downed lines to 911 first, then to our outage management system at 706-253-0359 OR 706-276-0359 OR 706-864-0359.
- All power will be restored as soon as is safely possible.