Amicalola EMC currently has the following job openings:
Amicalola EMC has an immediate opening for the following position: Planning engineer. A degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required and at least five years experience in the electrical distribution planning or operations field is preferred. Applicants must also possess a Professional Engineer Certification or be able to obtain one. This position requires knowledge of basic electrical theory, ability to gather information and form conclusions, and the ability to compose specifications and contracts. A strong working knowledge of Milsoft’s WindMil and LightTable is preferred. Job responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares system work plans, both long and short range as well as Operations and Maintenance reports
- Completes annual power requirements study
- Works with power supplier to ensure proper supply
- Performs and follows up on sectionalizing studies
- Provides specifications for materials used in distribution line construction
- Provides technical support to staking technicians to ensure proper design of distribution lines
- Updates staking program as necessary
- Follows up with work order inspection and reporting
- Assists with DOT projects and relocation estimates
- Provides lighting system designs and rates
- Aids with PSC/Territorial issues
- Assesses safety requirements and other RUS requirements
- Works with solar and other distributed generation customers for interconnection of systems
- Assists with power quality issues and complaints
- Provides engineering support to other departments as needed
Applications are available to qualified candidates at the link below, the Headquarters Office located at 544 Highway 515 South, Jasper, GA, the Northern District Office, at 150 Tabor Street, Ellijay, GA or the Eastern District Office, at 150 Highway 52 West, Dahlonega, GA. Applications may be faxed to 706-253-5266, e-mailed to email@example.com, mailed to Amicalola EMC, 544 Highway 515 South, Jasper, GA 30143, or dropped by any AEMC office. Applications will be accepted through Thursday, May 27, 2021. Amicalola EMC office hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Amicalola EMC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled.
To Apply for an Open Position:
Applications are accepted for open positions only. When there is an open position, you may review the job description above to determine if you have an interest in the position and possess the skills and qualifications required.
Print the Employment Application and complete all sections of the Employment Application. You may bring the completed application to any of our offices or you can email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
To assist us in complying with federal recordkeeping requirements, complete the Applicant Self Identification form. If applicable, please complete the Applicant Self Identification as a Protected Veteran, and/or Applicant Self Identification as a person with a disability. The completed forms may be delivered to one of our offices or faxed to the attention of HR, (706) 253-5266.
- Applicant Self Identification Form
- Applicant Self Identification as a Protected Veteran
- Applicant Self Identification as a person with a disability
Amicalola Electric Membership Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer including Veterans and Disabled. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact Jill Chastain by phone at (706) 253-5225, or by using the form below.