RESP Loan Program
Looking for energy savings modifications for your home or small business? We can help.
Amicalola EMC is a participating lender in the Rural Energy Savings Program (RESP), a loan program for qualified residential and commercial members. Created by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, RESP was established to help rural families and small businesses lower their energy use and thereby reduce their electric bills.
Qualified members can borrow up to $10,000 at 2.5% interest and pay it back over 7 years. The money can be used for projects such as lighting projects for small businesses and poultry houses, to change out inefficient refrigeration equipment in small businesses such as grocery stores, or for residential heating and air conditioning systems, just to name a few.
The following is a list of approved uses:
- Lighting – LED lighting projects for small business, poultry houses and residences.
- Fan motors – Change out old inefficient fan motors in small businesses and poultry houses.
- Refrigeration compressors – Change out old worn and inefficient refrigeration compressors in small businesses, grocery stores and laying poultry houses.
- Building envelope improvements – Air sealing: walls, floors and ceiling. Attic ventilation, doors, windows and insulation for attic and floors.
- Domestic and commercial water heating – heat pump style water heaters.
- Heating ventilation air conditioning – Install 16 SEER minimum HVAC.
Certain credit criteria must be met and the borrower must be willing to sign a promissory note and a deed to secure debt. Payments on the loan are added to the monthly electric bill.
An energy audit, at no cost to the member, must be performed by Amicalola EMC as the first step in the process. To request a free energy audit or for more information on the RESP loan program, please call 706-253-5200.