Water Heater Maintenance Program
Under the maintenance program, Amicalola EMC provides replacement 30, 40 and 50 gallon standard and low boy electric water heaters.
Singlewide mobile homes are not eligible for the program or under cabinet water heaters. If a person owning an under cabinet water heater will agree to a replacement by a low boy they can be accepted on the program (with the cabinet top being the member’s responsibility). See important information concerning the water heater program.
The water heater has to be in working condition before it can be accepted on the maintenance program. All homes have a thirty day waiting period before repairs will be made on your water heater.
If the water heater is in working condition it will be added to the maintenance program for $1.49 per month.
If the water heater is in non-working condition the member has three options:
- Option 1: Member has repairs done, then is added to the maintenance program for $1.49 per month.
- Option 2: If the water heater needs to be replaced, Amicalola EMC can sell the member a water heater and then is added to the maintenance program for $1.49 per month.
- Option 3: Member buys a water heater elsewhere and then is added to the maintenance program for $1.49 per month.
Member is responsible for installation of water heater if they choose to go with option 2 or option 3.
If you would like to sign up for the water heater maintenance program, download the form (Adobe Reader is required) or call 706-253-5200 and speak with a member service representative. Once you have filled out the form you download, you can fax it back in to 706-253-5213.
Important Information About the Water Heater Maintenance Program
Normal maintenance service is provided Monday through Friday. Weekend repair will only be on leaking water heaters and special situations.
The water heater should be located in a place that is accessible by our technician.
Rental properties will be billed on the homeowner’s account.
Improper installation of your new water heater can damage elements and thermostats in the unit. Please make sure electricians and plumbers follow correct installation procedures:
- Turning electricity on to the water heater before the water heater is completely filled with water will damage the heating elements. Open a hot water faucet in the house so the air can escape from the top of the water heater and allow the water heater to fill up.
- Plumbing leaks around the water heater may cause damage to the thermostat controls.
- If Amicalola EMC is called to replace an element or thermostat in your new water heater due to any of the above, there will be a minimum service charge of $50.00.
Amicalola EMC’s water heater maintenance program is designed to cover maintenance of the water heater only. The following items and any related problems are not covered by our program:
- Plumbing Leaks
- Electrical and circuit breaker problems
- Water source pressures exceeding limits of relief valve
- Incorrect installation
All warranties of the water heater are those of the manufacturer. The distributor, Amicalola EMC, hereby expressly disclaims all warranties either expressed or implied and will not assume any liability in connection with the distribution of the product. This disclaimer in no way affects the provision of the manufacturers warranty. Any damage caused by the product is the liability of the manufacturer.
If you would like to sign up for the water heater program or have any questions concerning the program, please contact our Member Service Department at 706-253-5200.