Storms crashed through our service area most of the day yesterday (March 25) and all through the night. At one point, 3,500 Amicalola EMC consumers were experiencing a power outage scattered across most of the ten counties we serve. Currently, the outage count is at 626 consumers out, in 36 separate areas across 5 counties.
Our broken pole count is currently at five, three of which were three phase poles. These three phase poles had to be replaced before power could be restored to the circuits that carry electricity on down the line to other areas. At this time, only one single phase pole still remains out of service (in the Chatsworth Highway area) and crews are working there now.
In addition, we have crews in the following areas: Conasauga, Chatsworth Highway, Maple Rest, Canaan Road, Tails Creek, Pole Coffee, CC Camp, Wilderness Trail and Fields Chapel areas. The Wilderness Trail and CC Camp areas have severe devastation.
All three of our districts (Dahlonega, Ellijay and Jasper) had a fare amount of damage. Amicalola EMC serves more meters in Gilmer County than any other county and there was substantial damage in that area.
Crews will continue working until all power has been restored. Please be aware of the following information
- Report power outages to these numbers only 706-253-0359 OR 706-276-0359 OR 706-864-0359. This is the outage management system and is the most efficient way to report outages and assist in timely power restorations.
- Do not go near a downed power line. Always assume the line is still energized. Stay clear to stay safe.
- Substantial damage has occurred to power lines, streets and roadways, and across our service area. Crews must clear debris, tree limbs and even trees before restoration work can begin.
- We will update social media as information becomes available, but please do not report outages or any detailed messages on our facebook page, as it is not monitored for these details and is not monitored 24 hours a day.
- Real-time outage information may be found on our website at www.amicalolaemc.com or on our mobile app.
We thank everyone for their patience. All power will be restored as soon as is safely possible.