Wind chill advisory from the National Weather Service, 4:29 AM EST Wed Dec 21 2022
.WIND CHILL WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE THURSDAY NIGHT
THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING…
* WHAT…Dangerously cold wind chills possible. Wind chills as
low as 10 below zero across most locales. Across the higher
terrain, wind chills could reach as low as 15 to 20 below zero.
* WHERE…Portions of central, east central, north central,
northeast, northwest, southeast and west central Georgia.
* WHEN…From late Thursday night through Saturday morning.
* IMPACTS…The cold wind chills could result in hypothermia if
precautions are not taken.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Temperatures are expected to rapidly
begin dropping into the teens and 20s behind an arctic front
late Thursday night into Friday. Lows on Saturday morning will
range from the single digits to mid teens across much of north
and central Georgia. In addition, windy conditions are
anticipated with northwest winds of 15 to 20 mph with frequent
gusts of 30 to 40 mph likely. Higher gusts are possible in the